The Loro Gate roundabout is located at the cross roads of Prospect Road (formally the R348) and Swan Gate Road (towards Athenry Town) and Loro Gate Road which accesses the housing estate to the south west.
The works included:
- Construction of a four arm roundabout
- Existing stonework was consolidated and repaired by specialist contractor in conjunction with the main contractor
- Site clearance works, general excavation and fill.
- Removal of existing signage and reinstatement when project complete.
- Extension to exist public lighting along the road. Accommodation works for statutory bodies.
- Traffic management measures as the works are taking place on a live road. Both pedestrians and live traffic were managed during the contract.
- Installation of new service ducts (electrical, telecoms).
- Installation of all filter drains, foul and surface water drainage.
- Construction of manholes chambers and gully’s.
- Erection of fencing and general landscaping including top soiling and grass seeding.
- Installation of new signs and road markings throughout the project.
- Renewal, raising or lowering of covers and gratings on existing chambers and gully’s.