The construction of this link road has linked an access road to the R730 in Park, Wexford. The length of scheme was approximately 650m.
- Construction of approximately 650m of single carriageway, 10m wide. Works involved the installation of 11,000m2 of a separation geotextile.
- Construction of a lined pond which involved the installation of 660m2 of 2mm HDPE liner. A protection geotextile was installed over the liner (B60 Membrane). The sides of the attenuation pond were formed using gabions.
- There was a total of 230m2 of gabion walls installed around the attenuation pond and 260m2 of gabion mattresses at the inlet and outlet of all culverts. The mesh size of the gabions was 80mm x 80mm with a minimum core diameter of 3mm.
- There was a total of 5 box culverts on the project measuring a total of 173 linear meters.
- Construction of 2 no. roundabouts. (1 no. ‘normal’ type and 1 no. ‘compact’ type roundabouts.)
- Construction of on-line cycle lanes.
- Construction of separate pedestrian footway.
- Installation of public lighting for the entire length of the scheme.
- Demolition of 2 no. properties.
- Stream diversions, Services diversions and accommodation Works.
- Installation of approximately 650 meters of HPPE watermain