The project comprised of the construction of 250m of new road pavement, the construction of a 32m diameter roundabout, the construction of a 56 space car park and the upgrade of 200m of existing road and fooptaths.
The works included the following:
- Realignment of existing road and reconstruction of new sections, planing and resurfacing of the entire scheme including tie-ins to all interconnecting roads and streets.
- New footpath, shared surfaces and parking areas.
- Raising all service covers in the carriageway.
- Resurfacing of the existing carriageway and construction of new carriageway where appropriate.
- Splitter island build-outs at roundabout.
- Construction of 2 No. uncontrolled Pedestrian Crossing including all signage, lining and tactile paving.
- New road markings and traffic signs and relocation of existing signage.
- Traffic management throughout the works.
- New drainage gullies and tie-ins to existing drainage system.