The Road Safety Major Improvement Scheme at Begerin, on the N25, Co. Wexford consisted of a 2.5km Overlay with minor widening. The works included the provision of service ducts and the removal of the existing concrete post and rail road boundary.
The works included:
- Site clearance works.
- Excavation of 6500m3 of rock and earthworks.
- 2.5km of overlay works.
- Liaison with local landowners and construction of various accommodation works.
- Extensive traffic management measures as works are taking place on a live road. Both pedestrian and live traffic were managed for the duration of the contract.
- Diversion of utility services and installation of new service ducts (electrical, telecoms).
- Installation of all foul and surface water drainage.
- Boundary treatment including erection of fencing and hard and soft landscaping.
- Installation of signage
- Application of all lining for the length of the project.